Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The End is Here. Hallelujah, Amen! (Week 10 #23)

Well, it's finally over. I found the program to be informative. It helps to know what's out there whether it be useful or crap. I found that I liked using Flickr and YouTube the most enjoyable modules. I also think that Wikis were the most confusing. I also found that there is a lot of useful stuff out there and there is a lot of stuff that looks useful but is really crap. All that being said, I found the program to be important mostly to demonstrate that there is so much "out there" , be it useful or just garbage. It's always important to make people aware of all possibilities.

One problem that I found with this program was that we were told it would not take much of our time to complete each task. This was entirely untrue. Some of the tasks took a great deal of time. Maybe you were asking us to do too much each week. I think by asking us to do less each week many people would have felt that its was not as time consuming. One other problem (it's just personal bugaboo) is the fact that you should have posted assignments at least a week in advance so if we were out of the office we could at least work ahead. Nobody likes to play catch up after they have been away, especially since they are also playing catch up with their regular work duties.

If a similar program were offered again, I'm not sure I would participate unless the incentives were worth the trouble or it would take less time to complete each task.

So long, Farewell, Learning 2.0 players and keep checking my blog. It's not going away.

No comments: